Poke ↑ Follow, the parenting questions you care about have answers here~
Recently, the editor saw a heart-wrenching news.
A 4-year-old baby in a community in Taixing accidentally fell from the 11th floor when he was at home alone, and died after being sent to the hospital for ineffective rescue.
There are many similar accidents:
On May 5, 2018, in Zhoushan, Zhejiang, a 3-year-old girl in a community fell from a height and was taken to the hospital and died.
On April 30, 2018, a 6-year-old boy fell from an 8th-floor balcony in Helin New Town, Fuzhou, Fujian Province. When the ambulance arrived, the child had lost consciousness.
On October 30, 2018, a 2-year-old girl fell from the 7th floor to the 3rd floor platform in a residential building near Zhudian Road in Licheng District, and died after ineffective rescue.
According to Safe Kids Worldwide, data shows:
61.2% of unintentional injuries in children occur at home!
At home, the main injuries that often occur in children are: falls/falls accounted for 25%, burns/electrical injuries accounted for 16.7%, sharp injuries 9.1%, drowning 5.0%, poisoning 2.6%, etc.
Home, which should be warm and safe, has become a place where accidents occur frequently and even take children’s lives.
Today, I will take you to conduct a safety inspection at home.
I hope that every child can stay away from these accidental injuries and grow up healthy and safe.
Let’s start with the window.
First of all, I would like to remind everyone that you must not leave your baby alone at home.
Secondly, it is best to lock the windows with a safety lock, especially
Extrapolated windows or screens.
In addition, everyone should pay attention to the fact that it is best not to place furniture under the windowsill, such as cabinets, beds, sofas, chairs, etc., otherwise the baby is easy to step on these furniture and climb on the windowsill, and accidents will occur if you are not careful.
Many families will install this kind of roller curtains.
Although this design is very convenient to use, the drawstring used for roller shutters is a fatal hidden danger for children that cannot be ignored.
The drawstring is generally tucked under the curtain, and if the baby is accidentally strangled by the neck during play, it is very easy to cause suffocation.
Xiaobian suggests that it is best to choose cordless curtains, if you want to choose this kind of roller curtain, it is best to fix the rope and bead chain in a relatively high position to ensure that the baby cannot touch.
In addition to curtain ropes, bed circumferences are also a very common item for families with babies.
Everyone always feels that the bed fence is too hard, and the baby always likes to move around, it is easy to bump, and they are also worried that the baby’s hands and feet are stuck and injured by the railing.
But in fact, we do not recommend using bed circumference for small babies.
Because the bed circumference is usually filled with cotton or sponge, it is very thick, and there are many ropes around it, and the baby may be at risk of suffocation and strangulation by the rope.
For the baby, the force of their bumping against the railing is not large, and it will not be bruised, as long as the purchased cot meets the national standards and the quality is reliable, there will be no injury to the baby’s hands and feet stuck by the railing. Therefore, it is not recommended to install a bed circumference for the baby’s bed, and at the same time, do not put too many things on the bed, especially plastic bags, scarves, films and other items, one to prevent the baby from stepping on these things from turning out of the small bed and falling, and the other to prevent suffocation.
Chest of drawers
Chests of drawers are also a necessity at home, speaking of which, everyone may think, how is the chest of drawers also a security hazard? Our cabinets sank to the point that several adults can’t push them, which is not safe enough?
Don’t forget, although the cabinet is very heavy overall, what if the naughty and curious baby pulls open each layer of drawers?
At this time, the center of gravity of the entire cabinet is offset, it is easy to lose balance, and then tilt, overturn, if the baby is right in front of the cabinet, then the consequences are unimaginable.
In this case, of course, the best way is to fix the cabinet to the wall, so that even if the baby pulls the drawers open, the center of gravity of the cabinet will not shift. However, for cabinets that cannot be nailed to the wall, you can choose to lock the drawer. If the drawer itself is not locked, you can go to a certain treasure to search for a small object called “cabinet safety lock”, or you can lock the drawer.
After talking about the cabinet, let’s talk about another essential furniture for the home – sliding doors.
Xiaobian thinks that many people should have experienced the pain of being caught in the hand by a sliding door. For babies, such accidents are more common.
The track of the sliding door is originally very smooth, and it is easy for babies to play and play, or adults who do not notice when they close the door, it is easy to clamp the baby’s hand.
You can put a small wooden block in the crack of the door, or install a “safety door card/door stop” on the door frame, so that you can avoid clamping the baby’s hand when closing the door.
Tables, cabinets, and even chairs in the home may have hard corners as long as they are square pieces of furniture.
For adults, our height will not be bumped, but for small babies, these corners are a threat.
You can squat on the ground, imagine yourself as a baby, see what corners of furniture they may hit with the baby’s height, and then buy some “table corner anti-collision corners” to protect these hard corners and prevent the baby from bruising.
In addition to protecting the “corners”, remember to protect the “edges”, for glass, marble coffee tables or TV cabinets, hard edges can also hurt the baby.
If the threat of furniture corners to the baby is injury, then the threat of taking drugs by mistake can be fatal.
Therefore, Xiaobian reminds everyone that the drugs at home must be properly kept. You can buy a small family medicine box, lock all the medicines in the medicine box, and then put them on the top of the cabinet and other places that the baby cannot reach. Every time you finish taking the medicine, be sure to screw the lid in time and put the medicine away. Now many drug caps have protective devices, simple rotation can not be opened, must be the upper and lower marked places aligned to open, is to prevent the baby unscrew the cap of the bottle mistakenly take the drug.
Foreign body choking is also the most common accident.
Common items that can easily cause babies to choke are: peanuts, melon seeds and other nuts and dried fruits, coins, buttons, batteries, pen heads, pen caps, chicken bones, fish bones, zippers, hair cards, pendants, small beads, rings and so on.
Common foreign bodies that can cause your baby to choke
First of all, everyone must check whether there are such small items at home that are easy to be touched by the baby, and if there are, they must be put away. Including the baby’s clothes, small parts on toys, all should be checked. Secondly, if the baby accidentally chokes on a foreign body, everyone must learn the Heim immediate first aid method, which can really save the baby’s life at a critical moment. For the knowledge of the Heim immediate first aid method, you can check the link below. Life-saving moments of truth! You should also save this photo on your phone
Sockets are also a necessity that we cannot do without living at home.
But at the same time, it is also a security risk.
You can check it at home, and pay attention to the socket that the baby can reach if the position is relatively low. If your baby pokes a finger or other conductive object out of curiosity, the consequences are unimaginable.
If it is a socket that can be accessed by children, but embedded in the wall and cannot be moved, you can buy a “socket protective cover” like the one below.
If it is an additional wiring board, remember not to put the wire on the ground to prevent the baby from pouring water on it or urinating on it and causing electricity leakage. You can buy some “wire fixing nails” to fix the thread in a relatively high position to ensure that the baby cannot reach it.
The editor originally wanted to disassemble this part to write, but found that there were simply too many hidden dangers in the kitchen! All kinds of electrical appliances, all kinds of knives, all kinds of glass products, in addition, there are hot water bottles that are easy to burn the baby, open flames that are easy to burn the baby…
I can’t count it on one hand.
So the best thing to do is not to let your baby into the kitchen! When cooking, you can find someone else to help take care of the baby or put the baby on the dining chair, and usually pay attention to putting away knives and other dangerous goods, and closing the kitchen door.
After reading the above content, everyone hurriedly checked to check whether their homes have these hidden dangers.
Although we always think, “It’s okay, I’ll keep my baby’s hands on every step of the way, there will be no accidents!” “But even a 1 in 100 million probability, if it happens, is devastating to the entire family.”
American parenting expert Sears mentioned in his book:
Is there a panacea that can save your baby from accidental death? Yes, parents have this “medicine”, and it is free, and the name of the medicine is “Give the baby a safe home environment”.
But I would like to say that this “medicine” has another name, and that is “love”.
Finally, I would like to brainstorm what tips or tricks do you have to create a safe home environment? Welcome to leave a message in the comment area to discuss~