What is a jumper frame
What is a jumper frame? The so-called jumper frame is composed of flame-retardant module plastic parts, which are equipped with a number of toothed strips for terminal pairs, and the 788J1 special tool can be “stamped” to the jumper frame in order to complete the termination of voice trunk cables and voice horizontal cables, commonly used specifications are: 100 pairs, 200 pairs, 400 pairs, etc.
Why use a telephone jumper rack?
It is generally used in computer rooms with program-controlled telephones. After the telephone line is connected to the program-controlled machine, the extension number line is taken out from the program-controlled machine. Then snap all these wires to the jumper frame, then go out from the cable rack to your extension number, and you mark the number on the distribution frame. So there is a problem with that phone. When you overhaul, you look at the label on the patch panel, and then follow the line to find the wire. It’s easy. No need for jumper racks to toss you to death. The threads are all messy.
The role of the jumper frame
1. It can reduce the loss of network equipment interfaces such as switches.
(For example: network management personnel will often plug and unplug the line, test the line, so long time will cause the switch result of loose, the connection is not tight, then you need to use the jumper frame, the network cable from the work area using the wire breaker, install it on the jumper frame, and then, make a small network cable – commonly known as the jumper, connect the jumper frame with the switch, so that the network management personnel in the test, only need to unplug the RJ-45 interface at one end of the jumper frame. Jumper racks are much cheaper than interface cards on the switch)
2. The wiring is regular, neat, beautiful and professional.
Externally, the jumper looks like rows of fish bones, also known as fish skeletons. It is generally used by telephone connection. The function of the jumper frame is to provide convenient and fast termination wiring for high-density voice data cable connection. Jumper racks can be used for both wall mounters and vertical cabinets. The jumper frame has a wide range of functions and is suitable for high-speed applications in all voice communication systems, multimedia and other aspects.
The jumper frame generally cooperates with the 110 connection block to play the role of the jumper frame. There are many types of jumper frames, and there are currently two options of 50 pairs and 100 pairs with and without legs on the market; The connecting blocks are available in 4 pairs and 5 pairs. The role of the jumper frame is also related to the type of jumper frame, different types of jumper frame have different functions, users in the comprehensive wiring to choose the applicable jumper frame.
What is a patch panel
Devices that are used for end-user lines or trunks and can be provisioned to connect. The patch panel is the most important component in the management subsystem, and it is the hub that realizes the cross-connection of the two subsystems of vertical trunk and horizontal wiring. Patch panels are usually mounted on cabinets or walls. Through the installation of accessories, the distribution frame can meet the needs of UTP, STP, coaxial cable, optical fiber, audio and video. The distribution frames commonly used in network engineering are twisted pair distribution frames and optical fiber distribution frames. According to the different places of use and uses, it is divided into two categories: the total distribution frame and the intermediate distribution frame.
The distribution frame is positioned as a modular device that manages the front-end information points at the central office. After the front-end information point cable (CAT 5 or 6 cable) enters the equipment room, it first enters the distribution frame, ties the wire to the module of the distribution frame, and then connects the patch panel and the switch with a jumper (RJ45 interface). In general, the distribution frame is used to manage the equipment, for example, if there is no distribution frame, the information point at the front end is directly connected to the switch, so if the cable once there is a problem, it will face rewiring. In addition, the management is also confusing, and multiple plugs and unplugs may cause damage to switch ports. The existence of the patch panel solves this problem, and better management can be achieved by replacing the jumper.
Usage and usage are mainly configured according to the overall number of network points or the number of network points on that floor (and similar floors, depending on how the system diagram is designed). Different buildings, different system designs, the distribution frame between the main equipment will be different. For example, if a building has only four floors, the main equipment room is set on one floor, and the network points of all floors enter the equipment room, then the number of distribution frames is equal to the number of network points/distribution frame ports of the building (24 ports, 48 ports, etc.), and add a certain margin; If a building has 9 floors and the main equipment room is set on 4 floors, then in order to avoid long cables, there may be sub-equipment rooms on each floor and exchange equipment. Then the distribution frame between the main equipment is equal to the number of network points on the 4th floor/the number of distribution frame ports (24 ports, 48 ports, etc.).
The patch panel is the most important component in the management subsystem, and it is the hub that realizes the cross-connection of the two subsystems of vertical trunk and horizontal wiring. Patch panels are usually mounted on cabinets or walls. Through the installation of accessories, the distribution frame can meet the needs of UTP, STP, coaxial cable, optical fiber, audio and video. The distribution frames commonly used in network engineering are twisted pair distribution frames and optical distribution frames.
In terms of function, the role of jumper frame and distribution frame is also very different.
As the core product of the integrated wiring system, the distribution frame plays the role of flexible transfer, flexible distribution and comprehensive unified management of transmission signals. It is a norm, but also for neatness, not to look messy, to be able to clearly know what is what. It is to make it easier to change the line.
The jumper frame is a high-density voice data cable connection, providing a convenient and fast termination method wiring method. Jumper racks can be used for both wall mounters and vertical cabinets.
1. Termination of super five types of modular distribution boards
First, fix the distribution board on the vertical slide rail of the standard cabinet in order, tighten it with screws, and each distribution board needs to be equipped with a 19U wiring management frame.
(1) Before terminating the line, first sort out the cable. Wrap the cable around the lead-in edge of the patch strip with a strap, preferably on a pylon, in the vertical channel, which ensures that deformation of the pair is avoided during cable movement.
(2) Pass through the cable from right to left and terminate the cable in the order of the numbers on the back;
(3) For each cable, cut off the outer skin of the required length to facilitate the termination of the wire pair;
(4) For each set of connecting blocks, set the cable through the retainer at the end (or tie it tightly with a cable tie), so that the wire pair does not deform when the cable moves;
(5) When bending the line pair, maintain the appropriate tension to prevent the destruction of a single line pair;
(6) The twist must be correctly placed on the separation point of the connecting block. This is important to ensure the transmission performance of the cable;
(7) Start to put the wire pairs into the index strip on the back of the distribution board in order, and the color codes from right to left are purple, purple/white, orange, orange/white, green, green/white, blue, blue/white;
(8) Use your fingers to gently press the wire pair into the clip of the index strip, use the wire drawing tool to press the wire pair into the wiring module and cut off the extended wire end, and then use a conical hook to remove the cut wire head.
(9) Insert the label into the wiring module to indicate this area.
2. Termination of pluggable distribution frames
(1) The 24 wires to be terminated on the first 110 distribution frame are pulled into place, and 6 twisted pairs are placed in each distribution slot. The left cable terminates in the left half of the patch panel, and the right cable terminates in the right half of the patch panel.
(2) Bundle the loose cable at the inner edge of the distribution board to ensure that the single cable will not slide out of the patch panel groove and avoid the slack and untidy cable harness.
(3) Mark the location of a new wire on each cable at the edge of the patch panel. This facilitates the precise stripping of the cable at the edge of the patch panel in the next step.
(4) Disassemble the cable harness and hold it tightly, scratch the mark on each cable, and then put the marked cable harness back in preparation for the cover of the 110 patch panel.
(5) When all 4 cable bundles are engraved and put back in place, install the 110 distribution frame with screws and start terminating (starting from the first cable);
(6) Cut the cable at least 375px outside the notch and slide the notched jacket off;
(7) Pull the “4” pair of wires into the front trunking along the edge of the 110 distribution frame;
(8) Tighten and bend each pair of wires to enter the position of the index bar, separate a pair of wires with the high teeth on the index bar, and provide appropriate pressure at the final bend of the index bar to minimize the deformation of the line pair.
(9) When the line pairs of the above two index bars are placed, and put them in place and cut, then the line pairs of the following two index bars are placed. After all 4 index bars are in place, install the 110 connection module.
3. Information socket termination
(1) Installation requirements:
The information socket should be securely installed in a flat place with a cover on the outside. Information sockets installed on raised floors or ground floors should be fixed in junction boxes. The socket panel has an upright and equal form; The junction box has an opening and should be dustproof.
The socket installed on the wall should be 750px higher than the ground, and if the floor is moved, the net height size in the movable floor should be added. The fixing screw should be tightened and should not be loose.
The information socket should have a label to indicate the type of terminal equipment connected with color, graphics and text. This system adopts TIA/EIA 568A standard wiring.
1. Put the wire pairs into the index strip on the back of the distribution board in order, and the color codes from right to left are purple, purple/white, orange, orange/white, green, green/white, blue, blue/white;